CoffeeJitters has moved to coffeejitters.net/blog


Saturday, June 10, 2006

Proud wife, with a chocolate problem

My husband received a letter from UW today stating that he's been accepted as a transfer student into the Near Eastern Studies program (I should specify that I mean the University of Washington rather than the University of Wisconsin / Waterloo / Wurzburg / Wyoming / Wales / Warwick / Westminster / Wollongong) I'm so proud of him I could just pop. I think we should celebrate with chocolate.

Hmmmm..., we have a chocolate problem (specifically a lack thereof)
I told him this...

Me: I need chocolate
Him: (something completely unrelated to chocolate so I wasn't listening)
Me: that's nice, but what are we going to do about our chocolate problem?
Him: What do you mean we? I don't have a chocolate problem
Me: What's mine is yours and I have a chocolate problem
Him: (laughs and returns to playing Grand Theft Auto - Why did I ever buy him that game?)

How is it possible that we have no chocolate in the house?

Zip

Zilch

None

*pout*

I'm off to go find chocolate.

3 comments:

mama said...

None whatsoever?!? I resort to chocolate chips or hot cocoa mix (pre-made or homemade) in an emergency.

Wow, how is it possible to run out of chocolate . . .

Judy Schwartz Haley | CoffeeJitters.Net said...

I think I failed to restock after the previous chocolate emergency.

mama said...

While we're on the topic, here's a cool, simple recipe.

1. Melt chocolate, whatever you got (chocolate chips, Hershey bars, whatever!)
2. Add stuff (nuts, coconut, peanut butter, Craisins or other dried fruit, flavored extracts, etc.)
3. Eat.

(OK, OK, you could spread it on crackers or drop onto waxed paper and cool until hardened.)

I'm in the midst of a chocolate emergency of my own. It takes too much time and effort to unwrap the Reese's miniatures. I need a chocolate IV!

© Judy Haley. All rights reserved.

Labels