CoffeeJitters has moved to coffeejitters.net/blog


Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Chihuahua's Restaurant and Cantina, Auburn

I got out of class early tonight and on the way back home, Mr. H and I were both trying to think of ways to get out of preparing dinner. Then Mr. H confessed that he got paid today - and we veered left into the parkinglot for Chihuahuas.

We live near Chihuahuas - and have for years, but for some reason we have never bothered to give the restaurant a try. How sad that we lived this close to such a good restaurant and didn't know it.

I had the tortilla soup - the chicken was grilled to perfection, lots of vegetables, fresh avacados and the broth was very savory. I only got half way through the bowl and I was stuffed.

Mr. H had the fish tacos, and judging from the effort I had to exert to try to get a bite, they were pretty good. (I did eventually get a bite, but it was only the tiniest corner and mostly cabbage.) Mr. H was also quite pleased that his O'Douls was delivered with a frosted mug.

The flan did not live up to the standards set by the rest of the meal, but it was good nonetheless. We'll be back.

No comments:

© Judy Haley. All rights reserved.

Labels