CoffeeJitters has moved to coffeejitters.net/blog


Thursday, June 12, 2008

I've Been Tagged


1.) What were you doing ten years ago?
-ten years ago I was 27. I was living in Alaska working on a job that I absolutely loved. The interesting thing is that the subject matter of my work, telecommunications (packet switching, LATAs, BillingEdge, blah, blah, blah), completely bored the living daylights out of me. But this was the first time I'd really been given a big project and told to run with it. There's nothing like having an employer exhibit such faith in your capabilities, and offer you such a meaningful challenge, to make even the most mundane topic engaging.

2.) What are the 5 things on your to-do list today?
-essay on Ralph Ellison's Battle Royal
-clean house for graduation party on Saturday
-workout
-proofread Mr. H's paper on Feminism in Iran (the only thing I actually accomplished so far)
-study for exams

3.) What Snacks do you enjoy?
-brownies
-chocolate chip cookies
-chocolate, peanut butter, and caramel covered pretzels
-ice cream
-did I mention chocolate?

4.) What Places have you lived in?
-Eugene, Oregon
-Kodiak, Alaska
-Palmer, Alaska
-Denali National Park, Alaska
-Seattle, Washington

5.) What are the things you would do if you were a billionaire?
-buy a house
-adopt as many babies as possible
-buy my mom a home
-explore the world
-travel enough that I have friends on every continent
-get my hands dirty working on volunteer projects on every continent
-find a cure for cancer
-start a whole bunch of educational scholarships for people who can never qualify for scholarships or other financial aid because they have a job - even though they barely make enough money to pay their rent
-buy a boat for my husband
-maybe a whole fleet of boats
-and the rest should make a dent in paying off our student loans

6.) Who are the People you want to know more about?
-I've been on a genealogy kick lately. I'm completely fascinated by American history, and now that I'm learning more about my ancestors, I'd like to learn more about how American history played a role in their lives and how and why they came to America in the first place. Then of course, I want to know all about where they came from and who they were in that world and what life was like for them there.




Now the rules!

Answer all the questions.
Tag 6 people, leave a comment on their blog to inform them that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog for rules. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answers. (No links for private blogs)

I'm tagging...

1. Kristen
2. Mama
3. Moose Nuggets
4. Janece
5. Mama's Losin' It
6. Michelle

3 comments:

mama said...

Do you realize I've not blogged in ten days?!?!? Still, maybe I'll get around to this one. . . then again, it won't be the first time I've not responded to being tagged. . .

Moose Nuggets said...

OK I did it. I needed an excuse to blog again.

KatBouska said...

GASP! I'm so sorry...how did I lose this comment!?! OK ok THANK YOU for the tag. I love writing AND reading these things and I WILL complete it this week.

Man I feel like a bad blogger friend right now!

© Judy Haley. All rights reserved.

Labels