CoffeeJitters has moved to coffeejitters.net/blog


Friday, April 21, 2006

Deep Sea 3D

I got off work a little early today so I met up with Mr.H at Uptown Espresso (highly recommended by the way). We putzed around Belltown for a while trying to decide what to do and then wandered over to the Pacific Science Center to check it out. As it turns out, the displays were all closed (apparently some kind of kids camp/overnighter going on) so we decided to check out the IMAX instead.
The film was narrated by Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet, and Danny Elfman did the music. I am seldom disappointed by any movie scored by Danny Elfman.

I had never been to an IMAX film before - the size of the screen is astounding. And this one was 3D, so they handed us funky little glasses as we entered the theater. It took a little bit for my eyes to adjust to the 3D, but the film was stunning. I was completely riveted, although there were a few moments where I wished we were sharing this with my 6 year old nephew (I can just picture him with his mouth wide open in amazement). I usually complain that films are too long, but this one is 45 minutes. At the end we both though "that's it?" We wanted more. All in all, I would recommend the film.

No comments:

© Judy Haley. All rights reserved.

Labels