CoffeeJitters has moved to coffeejitters.net/blog


Saturday, April 29, 2006

Kent Station

119588107397_3300119587965189_3300119587945733_3300
I must say I've been rather impressed with Kent lately.Kent is one of those massive sleeper communities where people live, but they don't hang out there- until lately.

I don't know who is responsible for creating the Kent Station, but I think it's a great idea.Rather than just putting in a mall, they designed a living area in downtown Kent.It's built adjacent to the transit center so there's plenty of parking as well as access by bus and train. The area is designed to encourage walking and the central plaza has a water feature and a large outdoor fireplace.I counted 10 restaurants including the juice bars, several clothing stores and of course the movie theatre.

It's always full of people. Last night the place was hopping

No comments:

© Judy Haley. All rights reserved.

Labels