CoffeeJitters has moved to coffeejitters.net/blog


Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Shut up and pass the Oxycontin

Yesterday morning I managed to throw my back out of whack while putting my hair up in a ponytail. Why couldn't it have been something interesting like bungee jumping or barrel racing or wrestling alligators or having sex? No, apparently the simple act of putting my hair in a pony tail is enough to throw my back into spasms and reduce me to acting like a pouty 4-year old. Ok, I did that before my back started acting up, but that's another story...

So I put on a brave face and drove to work like a champ. I had to cross seven sets of railroad tracks. Then on my way to the chiropractor I crossed seven sets of railroad tracks to get to his office. After the visit I crossed seven sets of railroad tracks to get back to my office, and then again to get back home. Never gave those railroad tracks much though before yesterday - but now my back tenses up again at just the thought of crossing them, thump, shimmy, thump. Half of those tracks are never used.

The chiropractor helped a little, but of course I have to go back again tomorrow. I know my back pain is not as bad as many people get - I mean I could actually get up and walk around... But walking consists of putting one foot in front of the other, and then the next, and then the next... every ounce of energy is concentrated on each movement which puts someone who ordinarily has trouble chewing bubble-gum and walking at the same time in quite a quandry when she's trying to put one foot in front of the other while remembering where she's going.

No, I didn't get oxycontin. We're trying to get pregnant so those kinds of goodies are out of the question. Nothing more exciting than tylenol for this girl. Now, back to beddy-bye.

No comments:

© Judy Haley. All rights reserved.

Labels