CoffeeJitters has moved to coffeejitters.net/blog


Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Baby Update - Week 9

I've been doing really well. So far still no nausea or morning sickness although I sleep all the time. Mr. H is starting to understand what life will be like with a little one: every five minutes it's "I'm hungry," or "I'm tired," or "I have to go Potty," or just unexplained tears. We have also discovered the "three minute warning," or the range between "I could eat" and "If you don't get me food this instant, I'm going to eat your eyeballs." He's doing fine and adapting to this strange new world quite well. He gets extra brownie points for singing and talking to my belly on a regular basis (although that is occasionally the source of the unexplained tears).

We had our first prenatal visit on Friday. We'll be having the baby at UW Medical Center. I love the Clinic, and I absolutely love my new doctor. Everything about the appointment and all the support I've received from UWMC so far has been amazing.

The baby is doing very well. So far the baby is 3.5 cm long and has a very strong heartbeat which we could see in the ultrasound. There is one thing we are going to have to keep an eye on, I seem to have a cyst on my right ovary that at this point is bigger than the baby. At this point the plan is to watch the cyst and see what it does. Hopefully it will shrink and go away.
_________________________________________

Subscribe to CoffeeJitters

8 comments:

scargosun said...

Shrink away! Sending shrinking thoughts to your ovaries!

Ronda's Rants said...

I am sure it will go away! I know it must a little worrisome though. I have had a couple and they did go away although I had some painful PMS while I had them!
I am so glad you like your Doctors and everything is going well! Yeah!

mama said...

My least favorite was the "i don't want to eat THAT" (which was directed at pretty much everything available in the house) followed by "I'm starving!!"

We are praying that cyst will disappear!!

Are you planning to find out boy/girl?

Anonymous said...

We hope that cyst will shrink! Congrats on your pregnancy and we're so glad to hear it's going well. :o)

Tricia said...

Cyst, cyst go away!

Congratulations again and I'm wishing you an uneventful and healthy pregnancy with absolutely no nausea or swollen feet.

Sydney said...

I'm so glad things are going well. We'll just hope the cyst pulls a disappearing act! enjoy eating whatever you want!!!

Unknown said...

congratulations! We're trying and hope to be knocked up soon! I hope your cyst goes away. I have a past with a certain large ovarian cyst. yuck.

Lex the mom said...

I, too, am sending shrinking thoughts to the cyst!

Wow - how very cool! You bring me back to those times. Pregnant was happy for me. I never dealt with morning sickness, either and most often found myself jubilant (with the occasional unexpected tears). It sounds like the rest is going very well. Awesome!

© Judy Haley. All rights reserved.

Labels